Friday, May 22, 2009

Saltshaker

Good Morning;
78 years ago this day I was born at 5am. I was born at home. Just the way they did it in those days. I think my Grandmother helped my mother with the birth. The Dr. lived around the corner and walked over to complete what had to be done. In fact if anyone in the neighborhood needed a Dr. they would just walk over to his house and get treated. It was 35 degrees and my dad had to go to get some coal to warm up the house. Probably why I like the hot weather so much. I look back at all that has happened since then and what a lot of changes. 1931 means I was a depression baby. It was a time when we didn't have much of anything but, everybody was still happy. My parents house was forclosed on just as it is happening today. I never heard the word poor mentioned. The house still stands at 95 East 24th street and go by it when we get up to Holland, Mi. I look back today and thank God for the parents that He had given me to live with. They modeled for me what it meant to always be thankful. So, I look back and reflect for one day, and then move on ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment